- Release date: September 11, 2018
- Cover athletes: Giannis Antetokounmpo C Milwaukee Bucks, LeBron James SF Cleveland Cavaliers (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows PC)
- For NBA 2K19, there were no new Classic/Historic teams added to the game, with all 62 Classic Teams from NBA 2K18 returning to this year's game. The rosters have some changes as a few players have been either added or removed from these same 62 Classic team rosters.
- Former Philadelphia 76ers / Houston Rockets C Moses Malone has been added back to the game for the first time since NBA 2K16.
- Other new legends added to the game include: Portland Trail Blazers SG Brandon Roy, Cleveland Cavaliers PF Hot Rod Williams, Utah Jazz PF Truck Robinson, Dallas Mavericks C James Donaldson, Los Angeles Clippers PF Elton Brand, New York Knicks SG Richie Guerin, Minnesota Timberwolves PF Tom Gugliotta, Houston Rockets SF Rudy Tomjanovich, San Antonio Spurs SG James Silas, San Antonio Spurs PG Johnny Moore, Phoenix Suns SG Walter Davis, Phoenix Suns PG Charlie Scott, Phoenis Suns C Alvan Adams., Phoenix Suns SG Dick Van Arsdale, Portland Trail Blazers PF Maurice Lucas, Portland Trail Blazers SG Geoff Petrie, Portland Trail Blazers SG Jim Paxson, Golden State Warriors SF Purvis Short, Washington Wizards SF Caron Butler, Washington Wizards SG Paul Chenier.
- Former Washington Wizards PG Gilbert Arenas was also added to the game in the MyTeam mode, but not added to the Washington Wizards All-Time Team. He currently not on any roster in the game.
- Former Toronto Raptors & Miami Heat PF Chris Bosh has been removed from the game, as 2K Sports did not have his rights this year.
- Former Utah Jazz & Brooklyn Nets PG Deron Williams has been removed from the game, as 2K Sports did not have his rights this year.
- Other former legends that have been removed from the game include: Memphis Grizzlies / Miami Heat SG Mike Miller, and Memphis Grizzlies C Chris "Birdman" Andersen.
- Free Agent SG Dwyane Wade announced he would return for one more season with the Miami Heat, before the season started.
- Former San Antonio Spurs SG Manu Ginóbili was left in the game as a 77 OVR Free Agent when the game released, however he announced his retirement a week before the release date.