- Release date: September 29, 2015
- Cover athletes: Stephen Curry PG Golden State Warriors, Anthony Davis PF New Orleans Pelicans, James Harden SG Houston Rockets, Michael Jordan SG Chicago Bulls (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Windows PC)
- This is the first game in the series to feature a new scaled back player ratings philosophy, in which the ratings have been adjusted for a more noticeable difference between players that are current and are legends. 2K announced that only 6 players are rated in the 90s and 57 are rated in the 80s.
- This is the first game to include 10 NCAA universities in the game. However they can only be played in the MyCareer story mode, and the rosters are not supposed to be accurate to reflect real life nor are they editable. Players will be allowed to choose to play as any of the licensed schools in college (except Wisconsin) during the story mode. Later on the game released the addition of jerseys for both Arizona State and Davidson, however they are both non-playable within the game.
- On the 94-95 New York Knicks historical team, SF Anthony Mason was not included in the game, although he was on the team in the NBA 2K15 version at 76 OVR.
- On the 97-98 Los Angeles Lakers historical team, PG Derek Fisher was not included in the game, although he was on the team in the NBA 2K15 version at 71 OVR.