- Release date: September 15, 2017
- Cover athletes: Kyrie Irving PG Cleveland Cavaliers/Boston Celtics, Shaquille O'Neal C Miami Heat/Los Angeles Lakers (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows PC)
- An alternate cover featuring PG Kyrie Irving was released after he was traded to the Boston Celtics.
- For the very first time, NBA 2K18 will feature All-Time Teams for all 30 organizations. Each roster has 15 of the best legends to play in each team's franchise history. These rosters will be completely editable. A few big name legends such as Charles Barkley and Reggie Williams were left off their respective teams due to contract and legal agreement issues.
- The game also added 17 new Classic Teams. There were already 45 Classic Teams from NBA 2K17 ranging from the 64-65 Boston Celtics to the 12-13 Miami Heat roster. This addition brings the total to 62 Classic Teams for this years game.
- PG Kyrie Irving (90 OVR) was originally on the Cleveland Cavaliers roster but was traded to the Boston Celtics for PG Isaiah Thomas (89 OVR) before the games release and made the update in the default rosters on launch day.
- Right before Thanksgiving Day, NBA 2K18 added Gerald Wallace, Carlos Boozer, Danny Granger, Clark Kellogg, Caron Butler, Al Harrington, Stacey King, Corliss Williamson, James Posey, Damon Jones, Jared Jeffries, and Daequan Cook to either historical teams or All-Time rosters.