- Release date: August 2nd, 2019 (Based on the 2019 NFL season.)
- Cover athlete: Patrick Mahomes QB Kansas City Chiefs (PS4, Xbox One, Windows PC)
- The game features 10 NCAA schools that can be played with and used for a created QB within the game. (Florida, Oregon, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, LSU, Southern California, Texas, Clemson, Miami, Florida State)
- In Spring 2019 game developers announced that the overall player ratings for Madden NFL 20 would be severely spread out including some starters having overall ratings in the upper 50s. This is the first time since Madden NFL 10 that the game featured a distinct drop off in player ratings to ensure the top players would stand out. The drop however, turned out to be less of a spread than the Madden NFL 10 player ratings were.
- 99 Overall Club: WR DeAndre Hopkins (Texans), RE Aaron Ronald (Rams), LOLB Khalil Mack (Bears), MLB Bobby Wagner (Seahawks)
- Washington Redskins QB Alex Smith (77 OVR) and Pittsburgh Steelers MLB Ryan Shazier (84 OVR) were still included in the launch ratings despite having preexisting medical injuries that kept them from playing in the 2019 NFL Season.
- New York Jets RB Bilal Powell was left off the launch roster, despite re-signing with the Jets before the game was released.
- The Cleveland Browns traded RB Duke Johnson to the Houston Texans before the start of the regular season.
- The Philadelphia Eagles signed QB Josh McCown (67 OVR) out of retirement to be their backup QB during week 3 of the NFL preseason.
- Indianapolis Colts QB Andrew Luck announced he was retiring from the NFL during week 3 of the NFL preseason.
- Buffalo Bills released RB LeSean McCoy (82 OVR) before the start of the NFL season.
- Houston Texans ROLB Jadeveon Clowney (92 OVR) to the Seattle Seahawks before the start of the NFL season.
- Miami Dolphins LT Laremy Tunsil (84 OVR) and WR Kenny Stills (84 OVR) were traded to the Houston Texans before the start of the NFL season.
- Miami Dolphins traded ROLB Kiko Alonso (73 OVR) to the New Orleans Saints for LOLB Vince Biegel 68 OVR) before the start of the NFL season.
- Oakland Raiders released WR Antonio Brown (98 OVR) and he signed with the New England Patriots before week 1 of the NFL season, but was unable to play until week 2 of the NFL season. After Week 2 Antonio Brown was released from the Patriots and retired from the NFL.
- Miami Dolphins traded FS Minkah Fitzpatrick (80 OVR) to the Pittsburgh Steelers before week 3 of the NFL season.