- Release date: August 10th, 2018 (Based on the 2018 NFL season.)
- Cover athlete: Antonio Brow WR Pittsburgh Steelers, Terrell Owens WR Dallas Cowboys (PS4, Xbox One, Windows PC)
- This game marks the first time since Madden NFL 08, that the game is featured on a PC verison.
- Terrell Owens was announced to be on the cover of the "Hall of Fame" edition of the game. Terrell Owens is featured in a Dallas Cowboys uniform, despite the fact that he was drafted by and played eight seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, compared to just three with the Cowboys.
- This year's game features a Madden Elites roster made up of the best current players in the NFL. The 62 man roster contains the top rated players at each individual position in the game. Notably the player's overall ratings on this roster are the same as they are on their respective teams.
- The game also features a Madden Legends roster which features a team of 49 former NFL Legends, including cover athlete WR Terrell Owens, and the unstoppable QB Michael Vick.
- Free Agent QB Jay Cutler was not in the game since he did not currently have a deal with the NFLPA to be a part of the game.
- Free Agent QB Colin Kaepernick was not apart of the game as EA Sports did not have his rights.
- Washington Redskins rookie RB Derrius Guice was injured in the preseason and missed the entire season.
- Oakland Raiders LE Khalil Mack was traded to the Chicago Bears before the start of the NFL season.
- Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon was traded to the New England Patriots before week 3.